When I heard about Creative Alliance’s March 3rd Carnival Dance Party, the first thing that popped into my head was bright colors. That said, the weather in Baltimore has been quite manic, which makes planning ahead a bit more difficult than usual. My solution – thematically appropriate accessories with a simple transitional outfit.
In cases like this, where dance lessons are involved (yes, the event has dance lessons!) you’ll want to go for a bottom with a little give. I got these black pants by BCBG last week and they are amazing. And they are thick enough that you feel like you’re wearing actual pants. If that doesn’t convince you, I don’t know what will. The BCBG store in Towson closed, but you can order them online at bcbg.com. (BCBG Lana Ponte Legging $138, Photo courtesy bcbg.com)
This top, also from BCBG is the perfect companion to the black pants. I am obsessed with anything off-the-shoulder. I know, the trend started a while back, but I don’t think there is any reason to retire it. Not to mention, these sleeves scream “Viva Brasil!” (BCBG Carissa Off-The-Shoulder Top $138, Photo courtesy bcbg.com)
At a recent trip to Cloud 9 Clothing in Canton (2400 Boston Street, 21224), I hit the jewelry lottery. If you’re going to get one Carnival item, this necklace by Zad is it. The colors are perfect, and it pops against a neutral palette. AND it’s marked down to $12 from $24.
While at Cloud 9, I spotted this cuff. It’s also by Zad and on sale for $11 (from $22).
Those of you who aren’t feeling the whole orange/red color scheme, these blue earrings by Zad are a fun, bright addition to the BCBG basics. At $9 (marked down from $18) you can by a pair for yourself and a friend.
As you might have gathered, my favorite way to complete any look is a good designer bag. That said, I get it; bags are expensive. Lucky for you, Alice Jane (1407 Clarkview Rd, 21209) is holding a designer bag event this weekend (3/1 to 3/3) where you can get a gently worn designer bag at a lower price point. (Visit store for pricing, Photo courtesy Alice Jane)
The best part about all these items — you can wear them separately (or together if you’re feeling a little festive) well into the summer. xx
- What to Wear: Preakness - May 11, 2018
- What to Wear: Wine Women & Shoes - April 27, 2018
- What to Wear: Lit City Baltimore - April 13, 2018
- What to Wear: The Night Brunch – 90’s Spring-Time Vibes - March 30, 2018
- What To Wear: St. Paddy’s Day - March 16, 2018
- What to Wear: Viva Brasil! Carnival Dance Party! - March 2, 2018
- What to Wear: Fake Wedding - February 16, 2018
- What to Wear: Valentine’s Day - February 2, 2018
- What to Wear: Pratt Contemporaries’ “Black & White Party” - January 19, 2018
- What to Wear: 5 Party Picks for 2018 - January 5, 2018